Monday 30 December 2013

Folate and its functions

Folate
Neeraj Mehta

Major dietary sources of folate include green leafy vegetables, organ meats, meat, poultry, seafood, legumes (dried beans), seeds, and whole grain breads and cereals. Folate requirements are increased during pregnancy. Folate is sensitive to heat, oxygen and ultraviolet light. 

Major Body Functions:
Acts with vitamin B12 in the formation of red blood cells 
Important in the synthesis of DNA 

Deficiency Symptoms: 
Depression 
Pernicious anemia (large cell type) 

Excessive Intake and Toxicity Symptoms:
May mask symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency 

Suggested By:
NEERAJ MEHTA, (Fitness Professional, Nutritionist and Inventor of BMXStrength ® Technique of exercise, Director of GFFI Fitness Academy)
Tel: +91-9811309667

Want to become Certified Fitness Trainer, Join Today
 GFFI Fitness Academy
Log on to http://www.gffi-fitness.org, for Fitness Training Courses

5 comments:

  1. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. 16 week marathon training plan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post. what is taurine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. whole food vitamins vs synthetic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. posture correction devices

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. ener supplements

    ReplyDelete